wip, feel free to drop me, anirocks99, anything that pertains to HP1 and a guide for it
Glitches and tricks:
- When heading to the first class, it is possible to walk around the trigger for the Hermione cutscene by hugging the left wall. Video coming soon.
- Standing on a gold pot, then knocking it over, makes it hitbox higher. You can use this to jump higher than usual (allows for some extra skips)
- It is possible to activate the superjump cheat without typing it with a very precise jump at a corner. Video coming soon.
Chamber of Secrets:
How to time your runs for the PC version of Chamber of Secrets:
Since this game loads at different speeds based on your computer specs, a few rules must be followed:
'Loading' screens and 'saving game' screens are not counted into your final time. screens that say 'skipping cutscene' are counted into your time.
you must remove these loads manually by watching your run and timing your loads, then removing them from your time.
Windowed mode and frame limiting:
- you must limit your fps when in windowed mode to stop it from spiking
Glitches & Tricks
- during the Rictusempra challenge, part of the pit can be skipped by standing on the ledge and jumping to the other side:
- During the Skurge challenge, the basement section after hitting the switch can be skipped
- During the Skurge challenge, the scale room can be skipped by walking along the edge of the scale.
- During the bicorn horn quest, you can skip the rotating platform rooms by jumping around and landing on the corners.
- During the boomslang skin quest, you can skip almost all of the challenge by hitting one of the mushrooms, standing on it, and jumping to the ledge.
Essence of Goyle
- the cutscene with dumbledore can be skipped: http://www.twitch.tv/respirte/c/4740997
- an alternate Dumbledore cutscene skip can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/frozenlew/c/2842691
- The Slytherin Commonroom Bridge puzzle can be skipped via 2 different methods, the easier of the two is shown below:
- it is possible to get out of bounds in the castle grounds, right near the quidditch pit. No use for this has been discovered.
- A current theory for avoiding the fake /double input in the Spell Arrow Keys teaching section is to quickly pause and resume your game before every round of arrow key inputs
- if you grab a gnome and stand in a corner, you can throw the gnome out of bounds. By doing this, you can make it impossible to 100% the game. This trick has no use.
- Sometimes when you climb a ledge, Harry gets forced upwards above the platform he is climbing. Manipulating this may be useful, but currently, how and when it works is unknown.
- jumping off of a platform while it is moving will add distance to your jump.
Prisoner of Azkaban
^The ending for this route is not very good, working on improving it
list of cauldron cakes, courtesy of keymakr: http://pastebin.com/cXnKkEfE
Glitches and tricks:
- Sometimes when taking off while flying a dragon, the wings do not flap. This is useless.
- It is possible to fly right through the 8th shield in Glacius and not collect it. This glitch will cost you about 6 minutes and is annoying.
- its possible to end up underneath the map outside in the grounds. its unknown how to consistently do this, or if it can be useful. http://www.twitch.tv/slayerkid13/c/3337856
- sometimes the pixie waves will not spawn correctly
- in Dracobifors/Lapifors, when you are at the section where you go through the well, its possible to jump on the flower pot and then jump to the platform, skipping needing to use the well. this saves 30-40 seconds.