wip, feel free to drop me, anirocks99, anything that pertains to HP1 and a guide for it
Glitches and tricks:
- When heading to the first class, it is possible to walk around the trigger for the Hermione cutscene by hugging the left wall.
- Standing on a gold pot, then knocking it over, makes it hitbox higher. You can use this to jump higher than usual (allows for some extra skips)
- It is possible to activate the superjump cheat without typing it with a very precise jump at a corner. Video coming soon.
Chamber of Secrets:
How to time your runs for the PC version of Chamber of Secrets:
Since this game loads at different speeds based on your computer specs, a few rules must be followed:
'Loading' screens and 'saving game' screens are not counted into your final time. screens that say 'skipping cutscene' are counted into your time.
you must remove these loads manually by watching your run and timing your loads, then removing them from your time.
Windowed mode and frame limiting:
- you must limit your fps when in windowed mode to stop it from spiking
Glitches & Tricks
- Flippendo blocks that can be pushed around and stood on top of can be used to generate large amounts of momentum. Listed here is an example of it in the Whomping Willow area of the game.
- during the Rictusempra challenge, part of the pit can be skipped by standing on the ledge and jumping to the other side:
- During the skurge challenge, you perform a moving block launch (MBL) on the flippendo block in the room with the first challenge star.
- During the Skurge challenge, the basement section after hitting the switch can be skipped
- During the Skurge challenge, the scale room can be skipped by walking along the edge of the scale.
- During the bicorn horn quest, you can skip the rotating platform rooms by jumping around and landing on the corners.
- During the boomslang skin quest, you can skip almost all of the challenge by hitting one of the mushrooms, standing on it, and jumping to the ledge.
Essence of Goyle
- The Slytherin Commonroom Bridge puzzle can be skipped via 2 different methods, the easier of the two is shown below:
- You can Skip most of the flipendo block section with a well placed strafe left:
- You Can Skip nearly half the challenge with a well placed spongify jump:
- Using Pixie Proxy/Well timed Spongify/Jump, you can skip the giant central room, saving 20 seconds
- By staying to the right on the long bridge and strafing at the right time, you can stand on an invisible ledge and walk across saving nearly a minute
- it is possible to get out of bounds in the castle grounds, right near the quidditch pit. No use for this has been discovered.
- A current theory for avoiding the fake /double input in the Spell Arrow Keys teaching section is to [insert working theory here]
- if you grab a gnome and stand in a corner, you can throw the gnome out of bounds. By doing this, you can make it impossible to 100% the game. This trick has no use.
- Sometimes when you climb a ledge, Harry gets forced upwards above the platform
Prisoner of Azkaban
^The ending for this route is not very good, working on improving it
list of cauldron cakes, courtesy of keymakr: http://pastebin.com/cXnKkEfE
As of now, Spanish is the fastest language to play the game on, thanks to Ento for the Spanish Text/Speech here, rename the file from alldialog.spa_uax to your parent file name locating in the "/sounds" file in your game directory. Then replace the existing file with this file.
Glitches and tricks:
Carpe Retractum Exploits
- It is possible to cross big sections of Both the Challenge and the Final Exam using "Tarzan" which is an exploit in which if Harry Jumps/walks off a platform while a Carpe Retractum spell is active, the game overcompensates for no floor and either launches Harry in the air(Jumping Tarzan) or across long distances(Running Tarzan). A Lather of videos and skips are located below: